Wednesday, May 13, 2009

3. Planning my Goal

I have choosen my 2nd GOAL, which is:

SOCIAL: Join Malay Cultural Group - Drama & Dance (Tarian)

Why I have chosen this specific goal?

Throughout my life I have been involved mostly in outdoor recreational activities such as track and field, rock climbing, floor-ball etc. As being less feminine and to have brand new image, I have decided to join Malay Cultural Club. Moreover, I will be exposed and learn our malay heritage, cultures and traditional ethnics.

How I plan to achieve them?

I will attend training session once to twice a week which will be held in Nanyang Polytechnic, Andayu Club.

SMART Checklist

1. Is it SPECIFIC? Does the student know exactly what to do to achieve this goal?

I will join Malay Cultural Group at Nanyang Polytechnic as my CCA.

2. Is it MEASURABLE? Can the student find out at any time how much they have progressed and how much more they have to go?

I will learn to perform basic traditional malay dance, do some acting in stage drama and participate in school competition, if any.


3. Is it AMBITIOUS? Does the goal force each student to stretch to achieve it?

I must go for training session once a week for 3 hours and by the end of 3 months, I will anticipate and able to contribute as a team in this club.


4. Is it REACHABLE? Is the goal within the student’s reach? Is it realistic?

I will definitely learn to dance traditionally, acting and etc. it helps me to explore more and expand my ability in malay culture. I am able to interact with new friends or members of Malay Cultural Group Club.


5. Is it TIME BOUND? Does the goal have an absolute deadline?


1st Month: Attend training session and mingle with them.
2nd Month: Already know basic traditional dance moves and acting skills.
3rd Month: Learn more and perform in events or competition if any.

No comments:

Post a Comment